Glass Defects Book
This valuable book is written by the leading experts in the field of glass defects and fills a gap in the market which has been essentially unaddressed until now.
The book is concerned with defects that infringe the basic characteristic of glass as a homogenous material with a non-crystalline structure.
For this reason it deals with:
- crystalline inclusions – stones
- glassy inhomogeneities – cords and layers
- gaseous inhomogeneities – bubbles
The book is written for: Production managers • technical managers • R&D personnel • laboratory personnel
The book is divided into six basic chapters:
- Introductory chapter
- Methods used for the identification of defects
- Crystalline inclusions – stones
- Glassy inhomogeneities – cords and layers
- Gaseous inhomogeneities in glass – bubbles
- Strategy adopted during the fight against glass defects