The glass melting process is too hot to make easy measurements & analysis or look inside into the process. Therefore physical modeling and more recent Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) have become a vital and necessary tool to optimize the combustion, glass meting, conditioning and forming process.
With the Simulation tools you can find significant benefits and improvements, without any risks to disturb the actual
process or destroy the expensive investment.
- Dramatic increase of computational power,
every year workstations with faster CPU
and more memory are available at lower costs
- Improved handling and post processing
- Faster mathematics for solving differential equations
- The physics and the number of the sub models is improving
- Better validation of the CFD results vs. measurements
- GS long-term experience of interpreting the simulation results to help to improve your process
- Improved energy efficiency, glass quality and yield while reducing emissions
- Perfect process insight view to particulary understand the context
- Simulating process modifications prior to any physical change to minimize CAPEX
- CFD supports R&D to minimize CAPEX and reduce time-to-market
- CFD is a risk assessment tool and supports SHEQ
Example: Oxy-Fuel Boosting of a Float Glass Melting Furnace
Please contact us to receive more information, our latest presentation, or a quotation to purchase.